Search in the blog:


Fixing the rubber grip of the Ricoh GR

On my Ricoh GR, the rubber grip (under the thumb) came loose and started to detach. Gluing it on didn't help, because the grip was expanded and wouldn't fit.

To fix I had to completely remove it from the camera:

And removed glue residues.

Next I put the grip in "Галоша" (Нефрас C2-80/120, some kind of petroleum solvent).

First for 1 hour, then dried. Not enough, still too big. Then another 30 minutes, dried. Now the right size of the grip.

I used 0.17mm 3M (300LSE 9495LE) double-sided adhesive sheet to attach the grip to the camera.

It's been a while, the grip sticks well to the camera.


Post a Comment

Blog Archive